A K-12 Mascots Outdoor Movie Night Party Idea
At K-12 Mascots we want to be your mascot superstore and idea source to help make your promotion a first-class success.
Planning An Outdoor Movie Night Event
Planning a school Outdoor Movie Night Party can be a great way to transition from the holidays into Spring, create some synergy moving towards the last quarter of the school year, and raise funds for your cause.
Following are some ideas you will want to consider when planning, promoting a school Outdoor Movie Night event.
Outdoor Movie Night Ideas:
It's good to remember you can't have a movie without power, so be sure to find adequate and safe access to electricity. Also, choose your space with lighting in mind. Make sure that nearby lights, street lights, or passing automobile lights won't reflect against your movie screen.
I also recommend you test the space. Go to the movie space you are considering at dark and check for noises, lighting, potential hazards, parking, dogs barking, etc. Make a list of the pros and cons and consult with a few other helpers to make sure you aren't missing anything that may be a blind spot.
Following are some ideas to consider:
- You can build a screen. There are plenty of DIY options. I'd recommend if possible a plain, white wall or crisp, bright white sheets, either taped or sewn together to act as the display.
- For a clear, crisp image, create a makeshift blackout cloth by attaching a dark fabric to the back side of your white screen.
- Be sure to secure your screen with a thin frame made of wood of PVC pipe. Do your very best to avoid wrinkles and the wind blowing your screening.
- You can rent or purchase an inflatable outdoor movie screen. Check out the Airscreen below which is 10 feet wide and 5.6 feet high and only weighs 44 pounds and takes just 60 seconds to inflate the frame.
- DVD Player - Make sure you setup well in advance of show time to ensure no technical problems with the equipment and that you get a video and audio signal from your DVD player into the sound speakers.
- Sound Speakers - You can go all out with surround sound, but a good pair of speakers will probably do the trick.
- Projector - Make sure your projector has enough lumens to provide a crisp picture. I would consult with a local multimedia person to ensure your projector has the right lumens for your event and check out this Outdoor Movie Theater Project Guide.
- 17 Ways to Throw the Best Outdoor Movie Night This Summer
- How to Put On An Outdoor Movie Night In Your Backyard
- How To Throw the Ultimate Backyard Movie Night
- How To Make A Movie Screen In The Yard
- 7 Tips for a Fabulous Outdoor Movie Night
- Don't forget to de-bug the area! Click here for suggestions for non-toxic natural bug sprays.
- Make sure you get a good movie. Here are some suggestions.
- Utilize soft lights. You want it dark enough to see the movie but also want a little light for function and ambiance.
- Popcorn machine
- Water and Beverages
- And most of all don't forget to get your team mascots at K-12 Mascots.
Tips to promote your Outdoor Movie Night and make it a super success!
Get professional looking movie night tickets
Movie Night Printable tickets
Purchase Avery® White Matte Tickets with Tear-Away Stubs Product #16154, 1-3/4" x 5-1/2", Pack of 200 for $12.50. This clean, professional looking ticket will help you create buzz for your Outdoor Movie Night.
You might want to consider tickets with a perforated portion and numbered that could be used for a drawing.
Promote your Outdoor Movie Night with an attractive and professionally designed flyer and poster.
K-12 Mascots provides the Outdoor Movie Night flyer and poster that we customize for you to contain your contact information and team mascot (if available from K-12 Mascots) with your purchase.
Make sure you print plenty of posters to promote your Outdoor Movie Night. Place them in prominent places around the school.
Get The K-12 Mascots Outdoor Movie Night Kit
Each kit contains printable ticket design, poster design, and flyer design. We customize it to include your team or company logo and event information.
How do I get a K-12 Mascots Outdoor Movie Night Kit?
You can get one (1) free kit with your purchase from K-12 Mascots.
How fast can I get my kit?
Once you provide us with your logo and event information, you will receive your kit via email with your electronic files ready to print in 5 days or less. If there is a super rush, just let us know, and we will do our best to get it done for you.